* Do you do make Custom Size Screen Doors? --------- For our "Custom Collection" Any size door up to 8 Feet tall and 42"wide can be crafted to meet your specific requirements. Custom size quotes are available upon request. Custom Collection If your door exceeds FedEx size limitations you will have additional shipping and crating charges. - Please give us a call to discuss custom orders: 800-404-8279. Note: All custom sized doors have warranty limitations.
For the "Builders Series" screen/storm doors, we do not offer custom sizes.
For our "Budget Series" custom sizes may be available up to 8' feet tall and 48" wide, depending on the style chosen. If your door exceeds FedEx size limitations you will also have additional shipping and crating charges. - Please give us a call to discuss custom orders: 800-404-8279. Note: All custom sized doors have warranty limitations.
* Do you make screen doors for French Doors?--------- Yes! Two doors and an astragal are required. (Astragal-- A strip of wood that stops one door from swinging past the other) If you need an astragal, you may purchase it from the drop down option when ordering your pair of "French " screen doors.
* Are your screen doors handed? ---------No, you can hinge our doors on either side and you can remove and flip the decorative panel either direction.
* How thick are your doors? -------- Custom and Budget Collection 1 1/8" Thick. Builder Series 1 1/16".
Do you have a printed catalog? -------Yes but is way out of date. We update our website daily, so to see the most current information please bookmark our site and come back often.
* What is your screen made of? -------We use charcoal colored fiberglass mesh in or custom series screen doors, it is the most common kind available for easy replacement. Some of our Builders series doors are made with wire cloth. "No seeum" and " Pet Screen is available.
* Do you do bronze or copper screen? -------- Yes, but only in doors without decorative panels and where the screens are not interchangeable. The cost is $8 per square foot extra. Order by phone only!
*Can you make a screen door with a Dog door / Pet Door? ------ Yes you can see one on the last page of our Traditional Collection.
*What wood do you use? We use poplar, red oak, and mahogany as our standard woods. We do some door out of ponderosa pine, red cedar, or verticle grain douglas fir. Some screen door designs can only be made in poplar. Poplar and Mahogany are paintable, however we use stain grade wood for all our doors.
*Shipping Time: Hardware is generally in stock and available to ship within a day. Screen doors and hardware ordered with screen doors will be shipped on a first come first served basis. In the busy season this can mean 4- 6 weeks, however we try awfully hard to get you door out in 1- 3 weeks.
*Shipping estimates: You need to "Add to cart" the products you would like to purchase. Then enter your zip code in and press recalculate. This will show you your shipping charges and options. Note: if your shipping charges exceed $125 please give us a call and we may be able to save you some money by shipping your order by motor freight!
*Do your screen doors come with interchangeable storm panels? Is this an option? If so, how much more does this add to the cost?------------Our screen doors can and do accommodate storm panels. However, our doors are sold with screens only. Tempered Storm panels (set) can cost up to additional $100 to ship, so if you want storm panels you can purchase them from your local glass shop. When you receive our screen doors, remove the screen inserts take them to your local glass shop and tell them you would like tempered storm panels made the same size as the screens. This way you can be assured the storm inserts will be the right size and the frame will fit our screen doors. Tempered inserts typically cost from $70 - $100 depending on what part of the country you are in. Again, please note: We do not provide the storm panels; however we have designed our doors to accomodate storm panels should you want to purchase them locally.