Last Revised: 4/15/2015
Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at Screendoors.com. They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases, including important limitations and exclusions, such as those in our product warranties. Your placement of an order with our company constitutes your agreement that these policies and apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order.
Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for some products.
To learn about Old Goats, Inc. and screendoors.com Warranty and Return policy, see links below:
Important Note: If damage is not acknowleged and noted at the time of delivery, in the presence of the carrier, the responsibility of processing and collecting damage claims is solely between you, the consignee, and the shipping company. Old Goats, Inc. and Screendoors.com will not be able to handle the claims process and be released from any and all liability.
All Products shipped by FedEx: All our products are shipped to you via FedEx are fully insured. After your package arrives inspect your shipment for defects or concealed damage. If your product is damaged you must report any problems to us within 3 business days of receipt to qualify for any shipping related claims. At our option, we will repair, replace or refund the purchaser up to the original price paid for the item or items. Additionally, at the time of delivery, if it is possible to determine that the product has significant damage (large tears or punctures of the box and damage can be clearly seen) you may refuse the shipment, but you must let us know immediately that the shipment has been refused. Again, FedEx only gives us 3 business days to report any damage claims.
I. OLD GOATS,INC. SCREEN DOOR LIMITED WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty applies only to Old Goats, Inc. wood screen doors (“Covered Products”). Old Goats, Inc. makes the following exclusive express Limited Warranties for Old Goats, Inc. and Screendoors.com products purchased or installed within the United States and Canada, subject to the stated conditions and limitations. This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
Standard "Custom Collection" Screen Doors(15 day) Limited Warranty: Should you be un-satisfied for any reason, any standard size(36" x 81" or 32" x 81") , standard style (in this collection), un-altered, un-finished screen door or screen door hardware item may be returned for credit within 15 days after the date of receipt . However the Buyer or User is responsible for fully insured return freight charges and the item must be complete and in its original packaging. This return policy is compatible with our Limited "Satisfaction Guaranteed" Warranty. Please Note: You must inspect your doors upon receipt and finish your doors within 15 days of receipt. Wood Screen Doors Can Warp if you do not finish your doors within 15 days and according to our recommendations! We do our part and everything within our power to prevent you from having an unpleasant situation. Our doors leave here with 6% moisture content or less. Our stiles may have up to a 3/32" bow in the stiles. And we reject any doors with "twist". We label every door box requesting you inspect and read our enclosed warranty and finishing instructions. And have a link to our warranty on nearly every page of our website. We depend on our customers to fully consider your purchase, finishing instructions, installation instructions, and our warranty within the 15 day period and before purchasing. If you choose not to follow our recommendations, do not expect our warranty to apply nor expect us fix your door if it warps.
Standard "Budget Series and Builder Series" Screen Doors (15day) Limited Warranty: Should you be un-satisfied for any reason, any standard size (36" x 81" or 32" x 81"), standard style (in this collection), un-altered, un-finished screen door may be returned for credit within 15 days after the date of receipt, however the Buyer or User is responsible for fully insured return freight charges and the item must be complete and in its original packaging. This return policy is compatible with our Limited "Satisfaction Guaranteed" Warranty. Please Note: You must inspect your doors upon receipt and finish your doors within 15 days of receipt. Wood Screen Doors Can Warp if you do not finish your doors within 15 days and according to our recommendations! We do our part and everything within our power to prevent you from having an unpleasant situation. Our doors leave here with 6% moisture content or less. Our stiles may have up to a 3/32" bow in the stiles. And we reject any doors with "twist". We label every door box requesting you inspect and read our enclosed warranty and finishing instructions. And have a link to our warranty on nearly every page of our website. We depend on our customers to fully consider your purchase, finishing instructions, installation instructions, and our warranty within the 15 day period and before purchasing. If you choose not to follow our recommendations, do not expect our warranty to apply nor expect us fix your door if it warps.
All products ordered and shipped to the customer, but for some reason are not signed for or delivered, and are returned to us, the shipper, will NOT be refunded shipping and a 30% restocking fee will be required. This means we will refund only 70% of your original purchase if the items purchased are standard products and sizes listed on our website screendoors.com. If they are custom size products, NO REFUND will be allowed. In this case, we will re-ship the items to you at an additional charge.
Warped or Cracked Panels One Year (1) Limited Warranty: If damage occurs within 1 year of your date of purchase. We respectfully ask that you ship your warped or cracked panels to us for our review. We will evaluate the damage and determine if our finishing recommendations have been followed. If we can determine the panel was finished and reinstalled into the door properly. We will at our option, repair or replace the damaged panel, and ship it back to you promptly. However, if we determine your panel was not finished in a timely fashion ("within 15 days of receipt"), or not finished according to our recommendations (See: Finishing), we will contact you with the following options: #1 We will return the damaged panel to you as is. #2 Repair the panel to the best of our ability and charging you for the repair and return freight. #3 Replace the damaged panel. Our standard replacement panel cost is $90, if your panel was returned within 1 year, but failed our review (Sample), we will replace it at our physical cost, currently $30 plus shipping.
Custom Screen Doors (Limited Warranty): We offer certain products that may be custom-configured to your specifications. Please review your order carefully. Once your custom-configured item has been prepared for shipment, it may not be changed, canceled, or returned. Personalized products e.g., custom sized, carved, modified, custom designed, or screen doors customized in any way (different in any way from standard items shown on our website) may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless such product is damaged upon arrival, and will be treated as "Damaged Goods."
Old Goats, Inc. warrants that the wood components of its Screen Doors shall be free of manufacturing defects in material or workmanship that significantly impair their proper operation and function for fifteen days (15) days from the date of receipt by the customer or its authorized agent. Should the warranted wood screen door be found to contain defects in materials or workmanship before modification, finishing or installing in the door opening within fifteen (15) days from the date received, Old Goats, Inc., shall, and at its sole option: 1) repair or replace defects, material or workmanship that significantly impairs the proper operation and function (cost of labor being excluded) within ninety  days of the date received by the customer, return shipping is prepaid by the customer.) or 2) refund the original purchase price.
Since many minor flaws can be repaired or corrected, all items should be inspected thoroughly for such defects upon receipt and before machining, finishing, or installing. Please be aware that finishing and installation of a screen door, constitutes acceptance of the product as it was received by our customer. Any minor flaws or defects that may exist at the time of machining, finishing or installation will not be considered as defective product or claimable once machining, finishing or installing has been completed or fifteen (15) days from the date of delivery has passed. So, please inspect all items thoroughly before the machining, finishing, or installation process takes place. These screen doors are shipped to you unsealed and unfinished. All wood screen doors will expand and contract, these should not be considered defects. All doors are sized to within 1/16" of your specified size, however additional expansion or contraction may alter the door size by as much as 1/8" while adjusting to ambiant humidity, so be sure you allowed for this possibility before you order. Sanding before finishing is required before finishing and installation, therefore we do not warrant against the natural characteristics of the wood or minor variants in the manufacturing process which can be filled or sanded out by the customer, or which may occur in the various conditions encountered from our plant to your finished opening. However, because wood can respond in different ways to the variety of atmospheric and environmental conditions, it is imperative that special attention is given to the screen door and the necessary care and effort taken to protect the screen door in the unfinished state to minimize the potential for problems.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR WARRANTY:
1. Screen Doors must be installed providing protection from exposure, typically with a standard overhang extending outward a distance equal to one-half its height from the bottom of the door up to the overhang to be covered by this warranty.
2. Any deterioration caused by failure to finish and seal all exposed surfaces and edges of the door within 15 days of delivery are not covered by this warranty. For continued protection, the finish needs to be maintained yearly.
3. Please comply with all of the handling and finishing instructions completely to validate the warranty. The product must be hand- sanded before finishing.
IMPORTANT HANDLING, FINISHING AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Most finishes on exterior screen doors deteriorate relatively quickly. To insure exterior screen doors receive the protection required, inspect the condition of exterior finish at least once a year and refinish as often as needed to maintain the protective stability of the finish.
2. Screen doors should always be shipped and stored vertically (not leaning).
3. Screen Doors shall not be exposed to excessive heat, dryness, humidity or direct sunlight prior to finishing.
4. Handle screen door with clean gloves and do not drag doors across each other or other surfaces.
5. Screen doors should not be stored on the job site for more than 14 days from the date of receipt, must be stored indoors, and all exposed surfaces and edges of the door must be finished and sealed — even if stored indoors and out of the elements.
6. All hardware locations, preparations and methods of installation must be appropriate for the specific screen door and not interfere with the entry door hardware.
7. All screen doors 7' and under must have three hinges. Doors over 7' must have four hinges. (Exception: 8' Round Top will have three hinges)
8. Prior to finishing, remove all handling marks with 150-grit or finer sandpaper and remove all sanding dust.
9. Apply sealer, primer or first coat of required finish immediately after fitting, cutting for hardware, etc., and before the installation of hardware.
10. ALL EXPOSED SURFACES OF THE SCREEN DOOR MUST BE SEALED, INCLUDING THE TOP, BOTTOM, SIDE EDGES OF THE SCREEN DOOR, DECORATIVE PANELS, AND THE HARDWARE CUTOUTS.
11. NOTE: An interior-grade finishes are NOT a satisfactory product for exterior use.
12. All exterior surfaces — including the top, bottom and sides of the door — must be finish coated with a good quality exterior- grade enamel paint or spar varnish top coat within 15 days of receipt and in compliance with our Finishing Instructions. (AT LEAST 3 COATS OF EXTERIOR GRADE TOP COAT WITH A UV INHIBITOR MUST BE APPLIED.)
13. In order not to induce warpage or excessive deterioration of your door, avoid using dark stains or paints on the door surfaces exposed to direct sunlight.
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL SALES AND LIMITED WARRANTIES
Limitation of Warranty. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH OLD GOATS, INC. AND SCREENDOORS.COM’S WEBSITE, HANDLING, FINISHING, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS VOIDS ALL WARRANTIES UNLESS IT IS CLEARLY ESTABLISHED BY THE BUYER OR USER OF THE PRODUCT THAT THE DEFECT OR FAILURE IS UNRELATED TO SUCH NONCOMPLIANCE. These warranties do not extend to the use of Covered Products under abnormal conditions, conditions that exceed standard performance parameters of our products or under conditions not reasonably foreseeable to, or beyond the control of Old Goats, Inc.. Buyer and User assume the risk of any such use. This Limited Warranty is the exclusive warranty for Old Goats, Inc. wood screen doors products. NEITHER OLD GOATS, INC. NOR SELLER SCREENDOORS.COM MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE. NO IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL EXTEND BEYOND THE PERIODS COVERED BY THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have additional rights, which vary from state to state.
Allocation of Risks of Old Goats, Inc. Wood Screen Doors Performance.
Because all construction must anticipate some water infiltration, it is important that the wall system be designed and constructed to properly manage moisture. Old Goats, Inc. is not responsible for claims or damages caused by anticipated or unanticipated water infiltration; deficiencies in building design, construction and maintenance; failure to install our products in accordance with our Installation Instructions is the responsibility of Buyer or User, the architect, contractor, installer or other construction professional and is not the responsibility of Old Goats, Inc. or Screendoors.com. All risks related to building design and construction or the maintenance, installation, and use of our screen door products shall be assumed by Buyer and/or User.
Limitation of Remedy
THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE BUYER OR USER, AND THE SOLE LIABILITY OF OLD GOATS, INC., AND SELLER (SCREENDOORS.COM) FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM THE SALE, INSTALLATION OR USE OF THESE PRODUCTS, SHALL BE, AT THE OPTION OF OLD GOATS, INC., THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR THE RETURN OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT, AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF OLD GOAT, INC., OR SELLER (SCREENDOORS.COM) EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. Replacement product shall be a reasonably similar current product and may not exactly match the original. Even where Old Goats, Inc., chooses to repair or replace product within ninety (90) days of the date of sale, the costs covered by this warranty do not include any labor, material or shipping costs. Replacement product provided pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be subject to the applicable Old Goats, Inc., Product Limited Warranty only for the remainder of the original warranty period on the product being replaced. If Old Goats, Inc., or Seller (screendoors.com) provides any of the remedies identified in the Limited Warranties above (i.e., repair, replacement of product or refund of the purchase price), then Buyer and/or User agree that this limitation of remedy shall not have failed of its essential purpose.
1) Product failure, loss or damage due to:
• Normal wear from product usage or age.
• Warpage not exceeding three thirty seconds of an inch (3/32") in the plane of the screen door. ALL screen doors taller than 7ft (84") height are NOT warranted against warpage.
• Warranty is null and void if deterioration occurs due to the failure to finish and seal all exposed surfaces and edges of the door within 15 days of delivery.
• Warranty is null and void if deterioration occurs due to the failure to install the screen door within 15 days of delivery.
• Damages caused by failure of Homeowner to annually (or sooner) re-finish all screen doors, if necessary, by lightly sanding and re-coating with clear exterior-grade top coat that contains UV protection.
• Doors finished or painted Black (or any Dark Color) with any sun exposure.
• Improper storage, handling, installation, finishing, use, modification or maintenance (Indoor storage in a heated or air conditioned building is required prior to finishing, modification or installation.)
• Structural settlement, movement or vibration.
• Product or finishes exposed to excessive localized heat, high-moisture environments (including pools, hot tubs and greenhouses) or water leakage.
• Normal wear, fading or discoloration of finish from product usage, age or exposure to direct sunlight.
• Products (panel, moldings) not properly finished within 15 days of delivery.
• Acts of God.
• Acid rain or other corrosive elements.
• Salt spray, including exposure to coastal weather conditions.
• Accidents, including accidental glass breakage.
• Damage caused by inappropriate or non recommended finishes
• Damage to full sun installations at elevations above 3,000 feet.
• Damage caused by high in-home humidity while storing. (Condensation, frost and mold).
• Accident, misuse, abuse, alterations, improper handling, operation or cleaning.
• Products subjected to conditions outside product design limitations.
• Products that have not been paid for in full.
2) Minor imperfections in the product:
• Minor imperfections in the panel and/or frame, graining or color.
• Variations in wood grain, color, texture or natural characteristics.
3) Installation inconsistent with screendoors.com Installation Instructions:
• Damage resulting in whole or in part from installation inconsistent with screendoors.com Installation Instructions.
• Altered or reinstalled products.
With the exception of other information related to this agreement stated on Old Goats, Inc. websites screendoors.com, screendoors.net, woodscreendoors.net mahoganyscreendoors.com, this Limited Warranty and all terms contained herein constitutes the primary agreement between Old Goats, Inc.,/Seller(screendoors.com) and Buyer/User. This Limited Warranty, including all Limitations of Liability contained herein, are made a part of any such written agreement, unless expressly excluded therein. By purchasing or using the product covered by this Limited Warranty, Buyer and User agree that they are not relying on any oral statements made by anyone that are in any way contrary to this Limited Warranty.
No Amendment Except in Writing
Old Goats, Inc., and Seller (screendoors.com) offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to being modified by a duly authorized representative of Old Goats, Inc..
Limited Warranty Claim Procedure.
Claims under these Limited Warranties may be made in writing to Old Goat, Inc., Customer Service Department, 5805 Hwy 93 South, Whitefish, Montana 59937, or by calling for service at 800-404-8279. Claims to Old Goats, Inc., should include the following information:
1. Claimant’s name, address and phone number, and the installation address (if different);
2. A description of the product, purchase price, date and location of purchase, and copies of invoices;
3. A description of the product concerns (photos may be included); and
4. A brief summary of attempts made to address the concerns.
Old Goats, Inc., may charge a fee for on-site product inspections.
© 2014 Old Goats, Inc. Printed in the U.S.A.
You must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number from Customer Support before returning a product. The phone number is 800.404.8279. Products returned without an RGA number are not processed and will be returned to you.
Limited “Satisfaction Guaranteed” Warranty (in brief)
SCREENDOORS.COM products are covered by a limited liability warranty from defects in material and workmanship. In short, this warranty does not apply if, in the judgment of SCREENDOORS.COM AND IT PARENT COMPANY OLD GOATS, INC., the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product's instructions, has been modified in any way, or any warped or twisted screen door after 15 days of receipt. The maximum liability of SCREENDOORS.COM is the product purchase price plus shipping one way. For details, refer to our complete “Limited “Satisfaction Guaranteed” Warranty
Warranty Replacement Procedure
Do not ship your defective product back to SCREENDOORS.COM before contacting customer support.
1. Obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number by contacting customer support.
2. A customer support agent will do troubleshooting to see if the product is defective and within our Warranty. If it is, then this information is required:
3. First the Customer Support Representative will determine if repairs could be done locally, by subcontract, prepaid by us (Old Goats, Inc.).
4. If we cannot arrange a local repair, the Customer Support Representative will provide you with an RGA number and return shipping information. Please be sure to write this down.
5. Package product securely in its original packaging. Do not include non defective components, screens, clips, literature etc. We will only replace or repair the defective item. Include your contact information with your name, address, phone number, and RMA number inside the package.
6. Send the product to the RGA fulfillment address given by customer support. Clearly write your RMA number on the outside of the package you are returning. Customers are responsible for return freight charges; we will refund these charges if we determine the defect is within our warranty guidelines. We suggest using a carrier that provides tracking information. Screendoors.com is not responsible for packages lost in transit back to us. The replacement or repaired product is shipped by ground back to you with shipping charges prepaid us. Expedited shipping may be available at extra cost.
For status of an already issued RMA, call in the U.S or Canada: (800) 404-8279
What is the Warranty on my Replacement Unit?
Warranty on the replacement unit continues from the new received date of shipment and will be extended for the number of whole days that the product had new.
"Out of Warranty" Products
If your product is not covered under warranty, we offer Repair Services for a fee. In brief our warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship. Warranty does not apply if, in the judgment of screendoors.com, the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or damage that is attributable to acts of God, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product manual instructions, has been modified in any way. See complete details of “Limited “Satisfaction Guaranteed” Warranty.
Non-Old Goats, Inc branded, third-party products are,tothe greatest extent permitted by law, sold "AS IS" by the Screendoors.com, but may be accompanied by their manufacturers' standard warranties. Old Goats, Inc. sells "AS IS" products as is, where is, and with all faults, and without express or implied warranties from Old Goats, Inc. If you have questions about manufacturers warranties that accompany such products, please see the product description page or contact us at 800-404-8279. Our Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Old Goats, Inc. or Screendoors.com branded,even if packaged or sold with our products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for aditional technical support and customer service.
For Old Goats, Inc. branded hardware products manufactured by us, carry a one year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”). If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received by Old Goats, Inc. within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, Old Goats, Inc. will either (1) repair the product at no charge, using new parts or parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) refund the purchase price of the product.Old Goats, Inc. may request that you replace defective parts with new or refurbished user-installable parts that Old Goats, Inc. provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligation. A replacement product or part, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by Old Goats,Inc. assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes Old Goat, Inc. property. Parts provided by Old Goats, Inc. in fulfillment of its warrantyobligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to Old Goats, Inc. and becomes Old Goats, Inc. property.If a defect arises and Old Goats, Inc. receives a valid claim after the first fifteen days (15) days of the Warranty Period, a shipping and handling charge may apply to any repair or exchange of the product undertaken by Old Goats, Inc. All non lacquered "Living Finishes" are not warranteed.
When phone notices or claims are made, a control number confirms the date of your request/inquiry. You must retain and use this number when inquiring about the claim or following up on it whether by legal action or ortherwise.
Written Notice/Claims must be sent via (U.S. Postal Service) to:
Old Goats, Inc. endeavors to offer you competitive prices on current products, selected Sale and Reconditioned products, and third-party products. Your total order price will include the price of the product on the day of shipping plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges. Old Goats, Inc. reserves the right to change prices for products displayed on our websites at any time and particularly to correct pricing errors that appear on our websites.
Should Old Goats, Inc. reduce its price on any shipped product within 7 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Old Goats, Inc. Customer Service at 1-800-404-8279 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Old Goats, Inc. within 7 calendar days of the price change.
Old Goats, Inc. makes every effort to ship your product according to the estimated lead times provided by our websites. The estimated lead times are in business days (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays). Lead times are quoted on the product description page. Please add 1-2 additional days for the order consolidation and processing.
Although Old Goats, Inc. makes every effort to ship your order according to the lead time provided, shipping dates may change due to changes in supply or Motor Freight delays. If the lead time changes significantly, Old Goats, Inc. will contact you via email and provide a revised shipping estimate. Note:Motor Freight deliveries are generally unreliable and sadly we cannot control how long it takes to get to your location.
Old Goats, Inc. encourages you to contact Customer Service at 1-800-404-8279 for order status information.
Given the popularity of some products, Old Goats,Inc. may restrict the number of such items that you may purchase. WE will post limitations on quantity on our website or will inform you of product purchase limits at or just after the time we process your order. Old Goats, Inc. reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time.
Old Goats,Inc. makes every effort to supply you with the products you order, but there may be occasions when Old Goats,Inc. confirms orders but learns that it cannot supply the ordered products, either at all or in the quantities ordered. These occasions can include when Old Goats,Inc. learns that the products no longer are being manufactured or they otherwise become unavailable to Old Goats,Inc., when Old Goats,Inc. cannot source components for the configuration you ordered, or when there was a pricing error on our websites. In those circumstances, Old Goats,Inc. will contact you to inform you and, if you are interested, Old Goats,Inc. may suggest alternative products that might meet your needs. If you do not wish to order alternative products, Old Goats,Inc. will cancel your order for products Old Goats,Inc. cannot supply and for any other products that you no longer wish to order as a result, and will refund your purchase price for those products.
Receiving your Door
All screen doors shipped require an indirect signature. If for some reason you are unable to receive your screen door shipment and it is returned to us you will be required to pay to have it re-shipped. See "SHIPPED BUT NOT DELIVERED" above.