Montana Screen Doors LLC (“Company”) guarantees our screen door materials and craftsmanship against any defects (warping and joint failure) for 1 year if all customer responsibilities are followed (See Door Warranty below). Our Old Goats hardware follows the same 1 year warranty; however, all hardware from other manufacturers are warranted by their respective policies. If a problem occurs you must submit proof of purchase and photos to us. Our service team will evaluate the product and determine whether or not a replacement or repair is necessary.
Shipped Via FedEx:
All of our products shipped via FedEx are fully insured. After your package arrives, inspect your shipment for defects or concealed damage. If your product is damaged you must report any problem to us within 3 business days of receipt to qualify for any shipping related claims. At our option, we will repair, replace or refund the purchaser up to the original price paid for the item(s). Additionally, at the time of delivery, if it is possible to determine that the product has significant damage (large tears or punctures of the box and damage can be clearly seen) you may refuse the shipment, but you must let us know immediately that the shipment has been refused. This does not include minor damage such as torn screen, scratches, small dents & cracks. These issues can be easily repaired, thus the shipment SHOULD NOT be returned to us.
Return Via FedEx:
The same return shipping method and service type is required. For example; if we shipped a package, containing a single item, "FedEx Ground" the return packaging, package service, declared value, weight and shipping method should be the same as that on the original freight receipt. In the event several items were shipped but a lesser amount or weight is returned, you will need to suitably package the item, and we will provide the information containing the appropriate return shipping details.
Shipped Via Motor Freight:
Immediately upon receipt of your shipment, inspect the crate or box for obvious damage and OPEN your shipment before you sign the Bill of Lading and the driver leaves. Discovered damage must be noted on the Bill of Lading, in the presence of the driver. Failure to document damages on the Bill of Lading will release the Company from all liability. You have the right to decline delivery of damaged goods, but only if the damage is severe, in which case the package will be returned to us. Screens, clips, molding, scratches or even small cracks are easily repaired and your labor will be compensated up to a maximum of $50/door. Shipments with these defects SHOULD NOT be returned to us.
If you note having the damage on the Bill of Lading, immediately call us at 800-404-8279 and we will work with the freight company on your behalf to collect damages, or at our option ship you a new door. Your shipment may or may not be needed to be returned to us for evaluation. When there are minor damages, we will opt to work with you to resolve or repair the issue without need for a return shipment. But, if you have not noted the damage on the Bill of Lading it will be your responsibility, the consignee, to work with the shipping company to collect damages, and we will not handle the claims process and will be released from any liability.
Shipped but Not Delivered:
All products ordered and shipped to the customer, but for reasons not the fault of the Company’s, and are not signed for or delivered and are returned to us or put in storage by the freight company, the customer, will not be refunded shipping charges and will be responsible for additional shipping charges back to the Company, for storage fees and/or redelivery.
RECEIVING, STORING, FINISHING AND INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
Montana Screen Doors LLC’s hardwood doors are shipped unfinished and require proper storage, finishing, and installation within 15 days of receipt. Prior to installing your door, please read our expert tips on Finishing Your Door included with your shipment and please read the instructions below. Failure to comply in accordance with all instructions voids this warranty.
- Screen doors should always be shipped and stored vertically (not leaning).
- Screen doors should not be stored on the job site for more than 14 days from the date of receipt, the door(s) must be stored indoors, and all exposed surfaces and edges of the door must be finished and sealed — even if stored indoors and out of the elements.
- Screen Doors shall not be exposed to excessive heat, dryness, humidity or direct sunlight prior to finishing.
- Handle screen door with clean gloves and do not drag doors across each other or other surfaces.
- Before finishing your door, we recommend you install, then immediately remove it before finishing. This way you won’t need to do touch-ups later on if you needed to make adjustments.
- Prior to finishing, remove all handling marks with 150-grit or finer sandpaper and remove all sanding dust.
- Remove any decorative panels to ensure even coverage, reinstalling them afterward.
- All exterior surfaces (including the top, bottom and sides of the door) must be finished with a quality exterior-grade enamel paint or Spar varnish top coat within 15 days of receipt to prevent warping and in compliance with our Finishing Your Door information. Using any other finish aside from these recommended finishes will void the warranty. Note: interior-grade finishes are not a satisfactory product for exterior use. Doors that are finished on the exterior surface with dark, sun-absorbing stains or paints, and that are exposed to direct sunlight, are at increased risk of warpage and deterioration and are not covered by warranty.
- All exposed surfaces of the screen door must be sealed, including the top, bottom, side edges of the screen door, decorative panels, and the hardware cutouts.
- Apply sealer, primer or first coat of required finish immediately after fitting, cutting for hardware, etc., and before the installation of hardware.
- All hardware locations, preparations and methods of installation must be appropriate for the specific screen door and not interfere with the entry door hardware.
- To install your door, you must first read our How to Install 3-step process. It is important to note that the company may deny warranty coverage for your door if it is damaged due to improper installation.
- All screen doors 84” and under must have at least three hinges (Standard and Premium Series). Screen Doors over 84” must have four hinges (Standard and Premium Series).
- Most finishes on exterior screen doors deteriorate relatively quickly. To insure exterior screen doors receive the protection required, inspect the condition of the exterior finish at least once a year and refinish as often as needed to maintain the protective stability of the finish.
Montana Screen Doors LLC’s hardwood doors are shipped unfinished and require proper storage, finishing, and installation within 15 days of receipt. Failure to comply in accordance with the instructions provided (see below and finishing instructions) voids this warranty.
Materials & Workmanship:
The Company warrants that the wood components of its doors shall be free of manufacturing defects (warping and joint failure) in material or workmanship that significantly impair their proper operation and function for 1 year from the date of receipt by the customer or its authorized agent. Please note that misuse is a separate issue that can damage your door’s structural integrity and will void this warranty. Should the warranted wood screen door be found to contain defects in materials or workmanship before modification, finishing, or installing the door opening within 15 days from the date received, the Company, at its option: (1) repair or replace defects, material or workmanship that significantly impairs the proper operation and function (cost of labor being excluded) within ninety  days of the date received by the customer, return shipping is prepaid by the customer), or (2) refund the original purchase price.
Panel Specific Warranty:
Wood Panels are warranted as a separate component. If damage occurs within 1 year of your date of purchase, we respectfully ask that you submit proof of purchase and photos to us (See Claim Procedure below). We will evaluate the damage and determine if our finishing recommendations have been followed. If we can determine the panel was finished and reinstalled into the door properly, we will repair or replace the damaged panel. However, if we determine your panel was not finished in a timely fashion (within 15 days of receipt), or not finished according to our recommendations (See Finishing Your Door), we will contact you with the following options: (1) Repair the panel to the best of our ability and charge you for the repair and return freight, (2) Replace the damaged panel at a cost of $100, plus return freight.
Wood’s Natural Aging Process:
It is important to note that wood is a natural resource that will age naturally. With that said, it is completely normal for wood to experience variations in grain, color, texture, and undergo warpage up to 3/32”. These conditions can occur more quickly if your door is stored in extreme environmental conditions such as intense direct sunlight or exposure to frequent salt spray. In conclusion, these are all natural circumstances that can change the appearance of your door overtime; therefore, these changes are not covered under warranty.
Non-Old Goats branded, third-party products are sold "as is" by the Company, but may be accompanied by their manufacturers' standard warranties. The Company sells "as is" products without express or implied warranties from the Company. If you have questions about the manufacturer’s warranties that accompany such products, please see the product description page or contact the manufacturer directly for additional technical support and customer service. Our Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Old Goats or Montana Screen Doors branded, even if packaged or sold with our products.
Old Goats branded hardware carry a 1 year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1 year from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”). If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received by the Company within the Warranty Period, at its option the Company will either (1) repair the product at no charge, using new parts or parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product. If a defect arises and the Company receives a valid claim, a shipping and handling charge may apply to any repair or exchange of the product undertaken by the Company. All non-lacquered "Living Finishes" are not warranted.
The Company extends this warranty to only the original purchases of the door and cannot be transferred or assigned. This warranty will be voided if it is transferred or assigned to anyone else.
Claims under these Limited Warranties may be made in writing to Montana Screen Doors LLC P.O. Box 5358 Whitefish, MT 59937, or by calling 800-404-8279. Claims to the Company should include the following information:
1. Claimant’s name, address, phone number, and the installation address (if different)
2. A description of the product, purchase price, date and location of purchase, and copies of invoice(s)
3. A description of the product concerns (photos may be included)
4. A brief summary of attempts made to address the concerns.
Every door that we make is custom tailored for our customers. Due to the nature of each product being uniquely different, there are no returns or refunds for our handcrafted wood doors.
Hardware may be returned within 3 days of receipt if it is uninstalled, in its original packaging and condition. If you do wish to return your hardware, you will be responsible for shipping charges are subject to a 25% restocking fee if you do not wish to exchange the product. Once you decide you want to return/ exchange your hardware, please call us at 800-404-8279.